The Federal Capital Territory Administration, FCTA, has called on Nigerian youths to take advantage of government’s favourable policies to create wealth instead of becoming job seekers.
FCT Minister of State, Dr. Ramatu Tijani Aliyu, stated this in Abuja during the closing ceremony of the 2019 Batch B Stream 2 Orientation Course also noted that the government of President Muhammadu Buhari as part of its reform programmes is seriously championing poverty reduction through wealth creation.
Aliyu, noted that the corps members have been equipped with prerequisite knowledge through skills entrepreneurship development training to enable the youths become not only self-employed, but also employers of labour.
She used the occasion to remind the corps members that the Federal Capital Territory is beyond Abuja metropolis, stressing that their services are needed more in the rural communities in the territory.
Aliyu, assured corps members that the FCT Administration will do all its can within the available resources to complement the efforts of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), in the area of corps welfare, while calling on them to be security conscious during the service year.
“Let me remind you of the need to be security conscious. Always remember that you are your own best security. Report any case of threat to life and property to NYSC management and security agents and do not go about looking for trouble by engaging in unwholesome practices,” she stated.
Earlier, the FCT Coordinator of NYSC, Walida Isa, assured the FCT Administration that the 2019 Batch B Stream 2 corps members have been rebranded within the context of national consciousness and to prepare them to be useful tools and forces for the socio economic development of Nigeria.
She commended development partners and FCT Area Councils for their support, just as she pledged that the directorate will not abuse the trust.
The NYSC coordinator tasked corps members on the relevance of teamwork, diligence and commitment as key to success, noting that success is not a “tea party”, but about hard-work and discipline.
“I charge you therefore to accept your postings as a challenge for integrity and self-mastery, and be exemplary whenever you find yourself.,” she added. End
- Prince Abdulrahman Obaje is a Media and ICT Consultant, Journalist, online marketer, social media strategist, Mathematician and Computer Scientist based in Abuja, Nigeria. He is the Founder and the Publisher of The Informavores!. You can reach me on +234 908 6937 780 or send i-witness report directly to me on email@example.com.
- News2019.11.20Nigeria Army Decorates 23 Newly Promoted Principal Officers
- Crime2019.11.19Unravel Terrorists Source of Weapons – Army
- Entertainments2019.11.17Korean National Day & Cultural Festival celebrated in FCT amidst Pomp and Pageantry
- News2019.10.26Woman Vindicates Pastor Chris Over Alleged Staged Miracle