Share This Story !
The Abuja Metropolitan Management Council (AMMC), has said that all estates built along the Abuja airport road where Federal Government plans to construct centenary village would be demolished.
The agency has also went further to warn developers whose estates have been marked for demolition to desist from changing the names of such estates in order to avoid demolition.
The decision by the council to proceed with the demolition of the estates brings to an end a long wait by developers who were told that National Assembly would intervene in the matter following claims and counter claims by the agency and developers over genuine allocation papers.
While the agency claims that the estate developers forged documents with which they lay claim to ownership of some of the estates, some of the developers have insisted that papers were issued by the FCT authorities.
Some of the developers are already in court over the matter.
In a chat with CAPITAL POST, the head of the Development Control Department of the council, Yahaya Yusuf, said where about 32 estates are located along the Abuja airport road was already earmarked for the building of the centenary village in view of Nigeria’s celebration of 100 years of existence.
“Most of the estates were wrongly built on an area set aside for the centenary village. This was made clear from day one that people should not embark on illegal construction of estates in unapproved areas.
“Most of them (developers) proceeded to develop. We are also warning owners of such estates who are going ahead to change their names in order to avoid demolition. We know the names and where they are located.
“Some are still advertising non-existent housing estates where they take people to the bush and tell them that the estate will be developed here. The purpose is to swindle them and we are also warning the public to be wary of these characters”, he said.
The Abuja Metropolitan Management Council (AMMC), on Wednesday said there was no going back on the proposed demolition of 32 illegal estates along the Abuja Airport Road.
Speaking recently, Mr Atebeji Nathaniel, the Assistant Director, Monitoring and Enforcement Department of the council told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja.
Nathaniel said that the proposed demolition include illegal estates like Ejima Group Estate, Redwood Bidmusdruhill, Joafra, Efficacy Home, Bg8 Golden Tulip, the Light City and Greenland Estate.
Others include Matovinco Estate, Stone Mountain Homes, Lento Estate, RCCG Estate (site a, b, c and d), Rainbow, Annes Vile, Goldcity, Krista Court 1 Residential, Goshen 1 and 2, M/S Ray Inter Link Services.
Also in the list are Good Heart Group, Osilama, NEPA Cooperatives, Trade More, Doctors Court, Royalty, Civil Defence/Defenders, Rissun Luxury, Maziyagbe and Ozo, Pent House, Weather Field, Andican Hebron/Delta, Ese Global, Detahan and Jimsurve Estate.
He said that the demolition was being delayed due to National Assembly intervention and because the developers had taken the case to court “therefore, we are waiting for court’s verdict.”
“We know that the verdict will be in our favour because the developers built on illegal land and some with fake documents.
“We have made it clear to the public to desist from buying houses in the new estates springing up along the Abuja Airport Road because many of them are illegal.
“We do not take delight in demolishing peoples’ houses but we have to do our jobs toward sustaining the Abuja Master Plan to boost the economy and social development in the FCT.”
Full List of Estates Marked for Demolition
Name of Estate/Location
(1) Ejima Group Estate (Kyami)
2 Minnanuel Estate (Kyami)
- Redwood/Bidmusdruhill (Kyami)
- Joafra (Kyami)
- Efficacy Home (Kyami)
6.BGB Golden Tulip Estate (Kyami)
- Isvin Estate (Kyami)
8.The Light City Estate (Kyami)
9.Greenland Estate (Kyami)
- Matovinco Estate (Kyami)
- Gosa Estate (Kyami)
12.Okun Estate (Kyami)
13.Stone Mountain Homes (Pykassa)
14.Lento Estate (Pykassa)
- RCCG Estate (Site A,B,C & D) (Pykassa)
- Rainbow Estate (Pykassa)
- Annes Vile Estate (Pykassa)
- Gold City Estate (Pykassa)
- Krizta Court 1 Residential (Pykassa)
- Goshen Estate 1 & 2 (Pykassa)
- M/S Ray Inter Link Services (Lugbe CRD)
- Good Heart Group Estate (Lugbe CRD)
- Osilama Estate (Lugbe CRD)
24.NEPA Cooperative Estate (Lugbe CRD)
- Trade More Estate (Sabon Lugbe)
- Doctors’ Court Estate (Sabon Lugbe)
- Royal Estate (Sabon Lugbe)
- Civil Defence/Defenders Estate (Sabon Lugbe)
- Rissun Luxury Estate (Sabon Lugbe)
- Maziyagbe & Ozo Estate (Sabon Lugbe)
- Pent House Estate (Sabon Lugbe)
- Weather Field Estate (Sabon Lugbe)
- Andican Herbon/Delta Estate (Sabon Lugbe)
- Ese Global (Kyami)
- Detahah Estate (Kyami)
- Jinsolve Estate (Kyami)
- Growth Insight (Kyami)
- Prince Abdulrahman Obaje is a Media and ICT Consultant, Journalist, online marketer, social media strategist, Mathematician and Computer Scientist based in Abuja, Nigeria. He is the Founder and the Publisher of The Informavores!. You can reach me on +234 908 6937 780 or send i-witness report directly to me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- News2020.03.30COVID-19 pandemic: NOA is operating on zero budget – David Dogo
- News2020.03.30COVID-19: Those calling for leadership change at NOA are mischief makers – David Akoji
- News2020.03.30Idumuje -Ugboko: Leave Ned Nwoko Out Of Your Misfortune, Community Elders Tells Mischief makers
- Health and Life Style2020.03.30COVID-19: Group call on FG to pay 100 thousands to families