The Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) has assured Nigerians that the administration would ensure all women within the nation succeed in their various fields of endeavour.
FCT Permanent Secretary, Sir Chinyeaka Ohaa gave the assurance when the Social Development Secretariat (SDS) hosted De-lis Blackely, facilitator of support for women and youth in Africa, to a dinner in Abuja.
Chinyeaka said the administration runs an inclusive system that provides women with the same opportunity that any other person enjoy.
The Permanent Secretary, who was represented by a Director in his office, Mr. Udo Samuel Atang, explained that in line with the spirit of fairness most of the top positions at SDS are being occupied by women, not men.
“Here in FCT women have the same opportunity with men; most of the directors at the social development secretariat are women, this show how keen we are about gender balance, the administration is committed to do more.
“There are other areas that the women have been given right to participate, we believe that involving more of them in scheme of activities will encourage them to do better. Women contributions in time memorial cannot just be jettison,” he said.
Ohaa said women history in all African countries and beyond show their outstanding contributions to the success of the society which they must be given the opportunity.
In her remarks, De-lis Blackely fondly known as ‘Queen mother Africa, urged the FCT Administration to always give women the necessary support to excel.
She stated that the future depends on what the female especially the mothers have put in place.
“Women deserve equal opportunity in any given society, so that they can add value to what men do, therefore women must live the back seat and take the front seat,” she said.
The Queen mother of Africa called on the women to be agent of better society at all times irrespective of the situation that may arise, than compromising for reasons that would not bring meaningful development.
- Prince Abdulrahman Obaje is a Media and ICT Consultant, Journalist, online marketer, social media strategist, Mathematician and Computer Scientist based in Abuja, Nigeria. He is the Founder and the Publisher of The Informavores!. You can reach me on +234 908 6937 780 or send i-witness report directly to me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- News2019.10.06Building Igala Unity House in the FCT, Our Top Priority – Enejoh Attah
- News2019.10.03PMB Has Done Well in Addressing Pervasive Corruption – High Commissioner
- Crime2019.09.26NA Commended For Research and Technological Know-how, Showcase Equipment
- News2019.09.26Minister Reassures Nigerians of Measures to Tackle Floods