The National Identification Number (NIN) is the randomly chosen 11 non-intelligible numbers that is assigned to an individual after the completion of enrollment into the National Identity Database (NIDB) .
Enrollment is the capturing of an individual’s demographic data including the ten (10) fingerprints, head-to-shoulder facial picture and digital signature, which are all used to cross-check existing data in the National Identity Database to confirm that there is no previous entry of the same data.
The NIN is now very important for a number of official transactions such as for filling of some documents in banks, court, etc..
However, people are not aware how easy it can be to retrieve their NIN on their phone.
You can easily get your NIN without going to join the long queue at the NIMC office. Simply follow the following steps.
- Dial *346# from the phone number you use to register for your BVN.
- An option will comes up and ask you to retrieve your NIN number by replying 1, press 1 and enter.
- Your NIN number will be clearly display on your phone. Write it out and save it somewhere. The sms only cost N20..
Please share this post to your friends and family as it will save them from going through the hassle of getting their NIN.
- Prince Abdulrahman Obaje is a Media and ICT Consultant, Journalist, online marketer, social media strategist, Mathematician and Computer Scientist based in Abuja, Nigeria. He is the Founder and the Publisher of The Informavores!. You can reach me on +234 908 6937 780 or send i-witness report directly to me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Business and Economy2020.01.19What Dr. Yakub Ugwolawo Told ICDA on Economic Empowerment and Political Strategy
- Article2020.01.14How to Retrieve Your National Identity Number (NIN) Number
- Business and Economy2020.01.12Must Read: What Kogi State Governor Yahaya Bello’s Wife Said in Abuja
- Business and Economy2020.01.12How Islamic Economic Development Model Can Rescue Nigeria Economy – Dr. Hussein Saddam