…….as it treated over 2.4m out patient in 20 years.
By Laide Akinboade
The Chairperson, Governing Board of National Hospital Abuja, RT. Hon. Olufunmilayo Etteh, on Wednesday, 25th September 2019 laments the state of infrastructure in the National Hospital, Abuja and therefore urged the Federal Government to increase funding for the hospital.
Etteh stated this in Abuja while briefing journalists in commemoration of the 20th anniversary of the hospital.
She said though, in the last 20 years, the hospital has been rendering excellent medical services but there is urgent need to address the challenges of old and dilapidated infrastructure and Biomedical equipment.
According to her, “While we are deeply appreciative of the Federal Government’s efforts through the Federal Ministry of Health, but like Oliver Twist, we wish to solicit for more funding to the hospital to help address the challenges of old and dilapidated infrastructure and Biomedical equipment.
“We can all be proud to say that the National Hospital Abuja is the Hospitals Hospital, it is referral Hospital of distinction. It serves the high and mighty, diplomats, foreign mission statement as well as the generality of Nigerians within Abuja and the Nation at large”.
She commended President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration for their supports over the years, which has kept the hospital afloat even in the face of dwindling financial resources of the government.
The Chief Medical Director, CMD, of National Hospital Abuja, Dr. Jaffa Momoh, in his welcome address revealed that the hospital has successfully treated 2,345,437 out patients in the last 20 years.
Momoh said the hospital that was established in September 1st 1999, and started with 200 bed hospital now has 450 bed hospital, with over 2,000 staff and 120 specialists consultants.
He noted that the hospital is now a National center of excellence in cancer care, Neonatology in-vitrol fertilisation, trauma care with sub-regional level 1 trauma center.
- Prince Abdulrahman Obaje is a Media and ICT Consultant, Journalist, online marketer, social media strategist, Mathematician and Computer Scientist based in Abuja, Nigeria. He is the Founder and the Publisher of The Informavores!. You can reach me on +234 908 6937 780 or send i-witness report directly to me on email@example.com.
- News2019.10.06Building Igala Unity House in the FCT, Our Top Priority – Enejoh Attah
- News2019.10.03PMB Has Done Well in Addressing Pervasive Corruption – High Commissioner
- Crime2019.09.26NA Commended For Research and Technological Know-how, Showcase Equipment
- News2019.09.26Minister Reassures Nigerians of Measures to Tackle Floods