Sokoto zonal office of Nigeria’s anti-graft agency, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has arrested two Chinese for offering N100m bribe to its top official.
They were arrested in connection with a contract valued to the tune of N50 billion awarded to their Company by the Zamfara State government which the EFCC was investigating.
Those arrested are Mr. Meng Wei Kun and Mr. Xu Koi for offering a first tranche of N50, 000,000(Fifty Million Naira only) to the Zonal Head, Mr. Abdullahi Lawal.
The suspects who are the owners of the construction company, Zhonghao Nigeria Limited were arrested on Monday, May 11, 2020 in Sokoto as the EFCC official tried to play along.
The contract for the. construction of township roads in Gummi, Bukkuyun, Anka and Nasarawa towns of Zamfara State was expected to have been completed between 2012 – 2019, but the company failed.
The suspects were later paraded with the exhibits.
- Prince Abdulrahman Obaje is a Media and ICT Consultant, Journalist, online marketer, social media strategist, Mathematician and Computer Scientist based in Abuja, Nigeria. He is the Founder and the Publisher of The Informavores!. You can reach me on +234 805 939 5252 or send i-witness report directly to me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Metro2021.04.01Senate Committee Passes Vote of No Confidence on Abdullahi Attah Led FCT-IRS
- Business and Economy2021.02.23FG Flag-off Gold Processing Cluster in Kogi
- News2021.02.22NGIJ-ABUJA Commends President Buhari Over the Appointment of Abdulrasheed Bawa as Substantive EFCC Boss
- ICT2021.02.22Improving Education In Africa Via ML, AI