Share This Story !
What could have been disastrous was averted in Abuja on Thursday, as some men and officers of the Police clashed with some officers of the Air Force on Abuja-Keffi road, Nyanya.
The problem started when two young officers of the Air Force driving against the traffic were stopped by the monitoring team of the Federal Capital Territory.
The Policemen, the FRSC officials and men of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps on the team directed the two men to turn back and follow the right way.
This angered the young officers who started hurling on the Police Commander, Azeez Idowu, spreading their five fingers and saying ‘waka’- a way of insulting one’s mother.
This infuriated the Policemen and other officers on the team who tried to arrest the young men after a little shoving around.
The situation degenerated when some air force men arrived at the scene to rescue their colleagues from the grips of the Policemen but they resisted.
The Chairman of the FCT Ministerial Taskteam on Traffic Control, Ikharo Attach, had a hectic time bringing the situation under control.
A new detachment of the Air Force arrived at the scene some minutes later with the Policemen insisting on taking the two young officers to the police command.
This led to another round of quarrel as the uniformed men continued the brickbat with the two teams wielding gun squaring up.
Normalcy, however, returned as officers on the Air Force team asked the young officers to apologise to the Police Commander.
Many motorists were turned back after being delayed.
Attah appealed to residents to comply with the restriction order, saying only those on essential duties will be allowed free movement.
- Prince Abdulrahman Obaje is a Media and ICT Consultant, Journalist, online marketer, social media strategist, Mathematician and Computer Scientist based in Abuja, Nigeria. He is the Founder and the Publisher of The Informavores!. You can reach me on +234 805 939 5252 or send i-witness report directly to me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- News2020.10.20One Year After, Family Cries For Justice Over Slain NSCDC Officer In FCT
- News2020.10.15#EndSARS: Complete Police Reform Is The Way To Go – NGIJ President
- News2020.10.01Nigeria@60: NGIJ President Greets, Nigerians, Pledges Commitment Towards Investigative Journalism
- Oil and Gas2020.08.30NCDMB, ITF train 255 youths in vocational skills