Connect with us

News

Ortom’s Aide Threatens N2bn Lawsuit Against Senate Aspirant Spokesman For Defamation

Published

on

Yemi Itodo
Share this Story

The Senior Special Assistant on New Media to Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom, Prince Yemi Itodo has threatened to file a N2 billion lawsuit against the spokesperson of Hon. Hassan Saleh Campaign Organization, Cletus Agada for defamation. adsbygoogle || []). push({});

The threat was contained in a demand letter by his legal team, Pathfind Attorneys, dated 8th April, 2022 and addressed to Cletus Agada.

In the letter which was signed by the Senior Partner, Precious Aire, Esq, the law firm cited how Agada defamed their client in a widely published write up on Facebook Friday, 8th April, 2022.

The letter read inter alia: “In the aforesaid write up bearing the photograph of our client, you made false and unsubstantiated defamatory statements against his person in the following words:

“From Hon. Prince Onuh to Gov. Samuel Ortom and Hon. Francis Ottah Agbo, Prince Yemi Itodo is a criminal and serial blackmailer and cyber thug that has elevated blackmail to a trade and even have apprentice in his “workshop”.

“Unfortunately for him this time, Hon. Hassan Anthony Saleh whom he’s trying to open an office on his head, has no intention of inviting him for “settlement” or patronage”.

ALSO READ  Border Closure Improving Economy - Hon. Moguno

“But for the fact that he’s shameless, I would have said it will be a big shame if Yemi does not resign his membership of the PDP when Hon. Saleh is cleared for the primaries”.

The law firm submitted that Agada’s “false, libellous, malicious, and defamatory statements” have and continue to damage the hard-earned reputation of their client who had already built a sound reputation over the years as a successful investigative journalist, businessman cum politician.

It therefore, demanded a retraction of the defamatory statements published on Facebook, in addition to an unreserved written apology to their client through the law firm’s office and publication of same in three National Newspapers to wit; The Nation, Leadership and Blueprint.

It added that failure of the defamer to comply with the demands within 72 hours will leave them with no choice than to seek legal redress in court “where we shall be claiming damages in the sum of N2,000,000,000 (Two Billion Naira) on behalf of our client”.

Meanwhile, Comrade Yemi Itodo has opened up on why he threatened to go legal on the defamatory comments made against him by Cletus Agada of the Hassan Anthony Saleh Campaign Organization.

Itodo in a statement in Abuja Saturday, said the defamer elated to malign his person and ascribed “unprintable names” to him.

ALSO READ  Shocking!: 30% of men not biological father of children

“In the said publication made via the instrumentality of social media, which is regarded as agent of multimedia as captioned in section 22 of the 1999 constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, as amended; the Media Aide and official spokesman of Hon. Saleh, an aspirant for Senate of Benue South under the PDP, labeled me as a “criminal”, “serial blackmailer” and “cyber thug”, he stated.

He pointed out that “there was no prior acrimony between me and the said Media Aide to Hon. Hassan Saleh, saved for the trending discourse on the social space, wherefore, his Principal posted his resignation letter as an SLA to the Speaker of House of Representatives. The former 2 terms Reps Member’s post got public attention and the youth and PDP members in Benue South started asking if it was right for him to have held unto an appointment with an APC government, only for him to have resigned one month to PDP primaries, to seek a senatorial ticket of the umbrella party.

“Permit me to also place emphasis on the fact that, I neither joined in the commentary, nor made any post on my wall in support or against the topic. To my greatest surprise, the boy went and posted one long epistle on Thursday morning, tagging and trying to rubbish the appointment given to me by His Excellency, Governor Samuel Ortom. I went to his wall and pleaded that he untag me and also leave Governor out of the discourse. He never listened.”

ALSO READ  The bias against the Legislature is the highest form of self-sabotage: My response to SERAP’s threatened court action - Hon Benjamin Okezie Kalu

Itodo added: “Aside the publication, I have also received plenty threats from family members and associates of the aspirant. One Saleh Ododo’s message of threat which he made openly, and other recorded calls are being scrutinized by the agents of State, as we speak.”

Continue Reading

News

NGIJ’s Call to President Tinubu: Address Economic and Security Concerns Before Nigerians Take to the Streets

Published

on

Share this Story

The Nigerian Guild of Investigative Journalists (NGIJ) has calls on President Bola Ahmed Tinubu and his All Progressives Congress led-administration to swiftly address pressing issues relating to the economy and security of the country, before Nigerians take to the streets. adsbygoogle || []).push({}); adsbygoogle || []).push({});

In a statement issued on Friday in Abuja, jointly signed by the President and National Secretary of The Guild, Mr. Ayoyemi Mojoyinola and Abdulrahman Aliagan respectively.

“We believe that urgent action is needed in order to prevent further deterioration of these crucial aspects of Nigerian society to avoid street protest that may have negative effect on the nation at large. NGIJ stated.

According to the statement, “We implore the Tinubu led-government to immediately put an end to the dollarisation of the Nigerian economy.

“We noted that the excessive reliance on foreign currency has had a detrimental effect on our nation’s economic stability and is hindering the growth and development of local businesses.

ALSO READ  House of Reps Name Committee Head

“It is vital that steps are taken to promote the use of the Nigerian Naira and protect its value.” The Guild said.

“Secondly, we request that the government formulates a comprehensive policy to mitigate the impact of the Fuel Subsidy removal. This decision has burdened Nigerian citizens with high fuel prices and has resulted in increased living costs for many. It is imperative that measures are put in place to alleviate the financial strain on the Nigerian people.”

NGIJ however expresses concern regarding the distribution of the N15,000 palliative. “We firmly believe that this aid will be marred by corruption and will not reach those who are most in need. It is crucial that efficient and transparent mechanisms are established to ensure that relief funds reach the intended beneficiaries.

“Additionally, we urge the government to consider policies that are inclusive and benefit all Nigerians. It is imperative that measures are implemented which take into account a wide spectrum of the population, ensuring that they have access to essential services and a decent standard of living.” NGIJ maintained.

ALSO READ  Update on court Marshal: Court Strikes Out Otiki’s Objections For Lack Of Merits

The Guild pointed out that the issue of insecurity in Nigeria has reached extreme levels, causing distress and fear among citizens.

“No place is safe, and urgent action must be taken to address this matter effectively.

“We call upon the government to prioritise the security of its people and implement strategies that can restore peace and stability throughout the nation.

“Finally, as a body of Journalists, we implore President Bola Ahmed Tinubu to provide sustainable solutions that will guide Nigeria out of its current economic and security quagmire. It is crucial that decisive action is taken to steer the country back onto the right track, both economically and in terms of security.” It said.

The Nigerian Guild of Investigative Journalists (NGIJ) stands ready to support the government in addressing these critical issues and will remain vigilant in ensuring that the interests of the Nigerian people are upheld.

“We therefore call on President to consider our recommendations and take immediate action to propel Nigeria forward towards economic prosperity and security of lives and property in Nigeria. The statement concludes.

ALSO READ  Court award N5Million Damages to Kwara Must Change member against Police for violation of human rights

Author Profile

Abdulrahman Obaje
Abdulrahman Obaje
Prince Abdulrahman Obaje is a Media and ICT Consultant, Journalist, online marketer, social media strategist, Mathematician and Computer Scientist based in Abuja, Nigeria. He is the Founder and the Publisher of The Informavores!. You can reach me on +234 805 939 5252 or send i-witness report directly to me on news@informavores.com.ng.
Continue Reading

News

NGIJ Mourns Access Bank Holdings’ CEO, Herbert Wigwe, Ogunbanjo

Published

on

Share this Story

The Nigerian Guild of Investigative Journalists (NGIJ) has consoled Access Bank Holdings over the tragic death of their Group Chief Executive Officer Dr. Herbert Wigwe and his family. push({});

This is contained in a statement jointly signed by President and National Secretary of the Nigerian Guild of Investigative Journalists (NGIJ), Ayoyemi Mojoyinola
and Abdulrahman Aliagan respectively and made available to journalists, Monday in Lagos.

According to the Statement, This tragic event has sent shockwaves throughout the nation, as Dr. Herbert Wigwe was a highly respected and prominent figure in the Nigerian banking industry. His leadership and commitment to excellence have contributed immensely to the growth and success of Access Bank Holdings.

ALSO READ  Reps Member, Godday partners NDE to empower 300 constituents on micro trading

“The loss of Dr. Wigwe, his wife and eldest son is indeed a great loss to the business community, the banking industry, and the nation at large. Their untimely demise leaves a void that will be difficult to fill. We mourn with the Access Bank Holdings family, who have lost not only a dedicated leader but also a mentor and friend.”

As journalists devoted to unbiased and thorough investigative reporting, NGIJ recognizes the importance of highlighting the contributions and achievements of individuals like Mr. Wigwe. His visionary leadership, innovative strategies, and passion for the growth and development of Access Bank Holdings have set an exemplary standard for others in the industry. The statement said.

“The NGIJ extends its heartfelt condolences to the entire Access Bank Holdings family, and we stand with them during this time of immense sorrow. We pray that God grants them the fortitude to bear this irreparable loss and provides solace and strength to overcome this challenging period.” The statement said.

ALSO READ  House of Reps Name Committee Head

The Guild prayed that the Almighty God will grant soul Wigwe, his wife, and son eternal rest.

Similarly, NGIJ also mourns former Group Chairman of Nigerian Stock Exchange, Abimbola Ogunbanjo who also passed on inside the chopper crash alongside Wigwe.

The Guild acknowledges Ogunbanjo’s service to the nation, building world and nation building.

Author Profile

Abdulrahman Obaje
Abdulrahman Obaje
Prince Abdulrahman Obaje is a Media and ICT Consultant, Journalist, online marketer, social media strategist, Mathematician and Computer Scientist based in Abuja, Nigeria. He is the Founder and the Publisher of The Informavores!. You can reach me on +234 805 939 5252 or send i-witness report directly to me on news@informavores.com.ng.
ALSO READ  Court award N5Million Damages to Kwara Must Change member against Police for violation of human rights
Latest entries
Continue Reading

News

Shocker, as FCSC Reverses NBMA Director’s Promotion granted 3 years ago

Published

on

Share this Story

The National Biosafety Management Agency (NBMA) is enmeshed in confusion as the promotion of Dr. Rebecca O.J. Oamen, the Director of Administration and Finance, has been reversed by the Federal Civil Service Commission (FCSC) three years after it was granted. push({}); adsbygoogle || []).push({});

This shocking event is as a result of the conflict centering around Dr. Agnes Asagbra, the Director General of NBMA, and Dr. Oamen, who are on one side of the dispute, and several other top civil servants on the other.

According to sources, the disagreement began when Dr. Asagbra allegedly facilitated the appointment of Mr. Ehikhamenor Steve Ehiochoya from the Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation (OAGF) as the agency’s Director of Administration and Finance.

According to sources, Dr. Oamen had voiced her concerns regarding the appointment to several government offices, including the OAGF, the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, the Office of the Head of Civil Service of the Federation, the Ministry of Environment, and the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offices Commission.

ALSO READ  The bias against the Legislature is the highest form of self-sabotage: My response to SERAP’s threatened court action - Hon Benjamin Okezie Kalu

However, in a document obtained by our reporter, Dr. Oamen was redeployed to the FCSC as an accountant in the deputy director cadre, implying a demotion. This transfer is contradictory to Dr. Oamen’s previous promotion to a substantive director by the NBMA board.

Documents from 2016 and 2020 confirm her initial appointment as deputy director of finance and subsequent promotion to director, both under the tenure of former NBMA Director General Dr. Rufus Ebegba. However, the FCSC claims that her transfer to the agency was an error and directed her immediate recall to her previous position as Chief Executive Officer (Accounts) GL. 14.

ALSO READ  House of Reps Name Committee Head

As a result, Dr. Oamen’s salary for December 2023 has allegedly been withheld, according to an anonymous source within the agency.

This development has prompted calls for intervention from prominent figures, including President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, to address the perceived injustice.

While Dr. Asagbra was not available for comment, Ugo Agwu Nnachi, Head of Human Resources Management at NBMA, and Gloria Ogbaki, Head of Communications, denied any wrongdoing on her part. They emphasized that the DG has no authority to reject postings made by the OAGF and that the agency cannot be faulted for the actions taken by the FCSC.

The former NBMA Director General, Dr. Rufus Ebegba, supported Dr. Oamen’s promotion and commended her professionalism.

However, Dr. Oamen herself declined to comment on the matter, redirecting inquiries to the appropriate authorities.

ALSO READ  2023: "Tinubu Championing Modern democracy with power of delegation" - Senator Kalu

Author Profile

Abdulrahman Obaje
Abdulrahman Obaje
Prince Abdulrahman Obaje is a Media and ICT Consultant, Journalist, online marketer, social media strategist, Mathematician and Computer Scientist based in Abuja, Nigeria. He is the Founder and the Publisher of The Informavores!. You can reach me on +234 805 939 5252 or send i-witness report directly to me on news@informavores.com.ng.
Continue Reading

Recent Posts

Copyright © 2021 Informavores Nigeria Communication Enterprises | Powered by ObajeSoft Inc