Share This Story !
Attah-Oja Igala, Karu Local Government of Nasarawa State, Honourable Chief Ambassador Godbless Isiaka Ademu has charge the Igalamela Royal Council of Igala land to fast track the installation of another Attah Igala of Igalaland.
Ambassador Godbless made this statement in Nassarawa state while reacting to the new announcement of the Ohinoyi of Ebiraland, HRH Dr. Ado Ibrahim as the Acting President, Kogi State Council of Chiefs.
The Political Leader said that there is no cause for alarm as this is a normal practice that has been happening, as the Ohinoyi is the Deputy President of the Kogi State Council of Chiefs and whenever, Attah is not available, he is always the Acting President.
“Ambassador Godbless said that, “This is not the first time the Ohinoyi of Ebiraland has been appointed the Acting President of the Kogi State Council of Chiefs, except that it has not been elaborately pronounced, the way this is done.
“Ohinoyi is always the deputy and whenever the Attah Igala is not there, he will assume an Acting capacity until Atta Igala comes. But this one that they pronounced and made it official statement is the only fear we are having, but I doubt it if an extant tradition can be usurped.
“The only plead we are pleading to the Igalamela Royal Council is that they should fast track the process of installing another Attah Igala for us, so that the new Attah Igala can come in, take his position and continue the good work of the late Attah Igala.
“So, with that statement, there is no more fear, otherwise we were afraid. It has been happening, it is just that this is officially pronounced.
“Therefore, the igala people should stay calm, it has been happening before.”, he concluded. It was announced on Monday 7th November, 2020 at the special valedictory session held in honour of the Late Attah of Igala land, Dr. Micheal Ameh Oboni II, by the State Council of Chiefs that The Kogi State Government has appointed the Ohinoyi of Ebiraland, HRH Dr. Ado Ibrahim as the Acting President, Kogi State Council of Chiefs and the Ejeh of Dekina, HRH Alh. Usman Obaje as Acting Chairman Igala Area Traditional Council.
- Prince Abdulrahman Obaje is a Media and ICT Consultant, Journalist, online marketer, social media strategist, Mathematician and Computer Scientist based in Abuja, Nigeria. He is the Founder and the Publisher of The Informavores!. You can reach me on +234 805 939 5252 or send i-witness report directly to me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- News2020.12.10Attah Igala: Ambassador Godbless Charges Igalamela Royal Council to Fast Track Installation Process
- Interviews2020.12.06How Helping an Out of School Boy Spur Me into NGO Work – Lidwine
- Article2020.12.03AfCFTA: Spotlighting The Emergence Of One African Market
- Religious2020.11.29Maolid Nabiy: Emulate Leadership Style of Prophet Muhammad – Imam Aliagan To Nigerian Leaders