Connect with us

News

COVID-19: Why Kano may record upsurge in positive cases – Ganduje

Published

on

Kano State Gov Abdullahi Ganduje
Share this Story

Governor Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State has said that the state may record a surge in the number of Coronavirus also know as COVID-19 positive cases sequel to the establishment of additional testing centers in the state. adsbygoogle || []). push({});

Ganduje stated this at a news conference of the state Task Force on COVID-19, on Friday 15th May, 2020 at the Government House, Kano.

He said that plans had been concluded to set up additional testing centres in the 36 far distant local government areas in the state.

“We must open more testing centres in the 36 distant local government areas. We will keep on planning ahead, we need to be proactive.

“We will make sure that all the institutions are put in place so that when the time comes, we will not be taken unawares,” he said, adding that more efforts would be galvanized to defeat the COVID-19 pandemic.

ALSO READ  Group Calls For Investigation into Journalist's Death By Police

Ganduje further said that his administration would encourage partnership with the Kano Against COVID-19, to enhance community enlightenment and other strategies in the fight against the pandemic.

Stressing that his administration had trained hundreds of health personnel to fight the pandemic and tackle other health challenges in the state, he urged health workers to pay attention to other health challenges facing the people.

In the same vain, the chairman of the state’s Task Force on COVID-19, Alhaji Nasiru Gawuna, who is also the deputy governor of the state, reminded the people that testing positive for COVID-19, was not a death sentence.

ALSO READ  Oil Price falls in the wake of second coronavirus wave

He noted that what remains important was for the people to strictly adhere to instructions given by health professionals on how best to prevent the deadly COVID-19 pandemic.

On his part, the Coordinator of the Kano Response Team, Dr Tijani Hussaini, decried the non compliance of some of the suspected COVID-19 cases, who declined revealing information on their status.

Hussaini said that the Task Force was confronted with the challenge of getting some f the suspected cases to go for testing and treatment during contact tracing.

He said that some of the suspected cases outrightly denied contacts with infected persons or refused to divulge information on their health status.

Credit: NAN

Author Profile

Abdulrahman Obaje
Abdulrahman Obaje
Prince Abdulrahman Obaje is a Media and ICT Consultant, Journalist, online marketer, social media strategist, Mathematician and Computer Scientist based in Abuja, Nigeria. He is the Founder and the Publisher of The Informavores!. You can reach me on +234 805 939 5252 or send i-witness report directly to me on news@informavores.com.ng.

News

NGIJ’s Call to President Tinubu: Address Economic and Security Concerns Before Nigerians Take to the Streets

Published

on

Share this Story

The Nigerian Guild of Investigative Journalists (NGIJ) has calls on President Bola Ahmed Tinubu and his All Progressives Congress led-administration to swiftly address pressing issues relating to the economy and security of the country, before Nigerians take to the streets. adsbygoogle || []).push({}); adsbygoogle || []).push({});

In a statement issued on Friday in Abuja, jointly signed by the President and National Secretary of The Guild, Mr. Ayoyemi Mojoyinola and Abdulrahman Aliagan respectively.

“We believe that urgent action is needed in order to prevent further deterioration of these crucial aspects of Nigerian society to avoid street protest that may have negative effect on the nation at large. NGIJ stated.

According to the statement, “We implore the Tinubu led-government to immediately put an end to the dollarisation of the Nigerian economy.

“We noted that the excessive reliance on foreign currency has had a detrimental effect on our nation’s economic stability and is hindering the growth and development of local businesses.

ALSO READ  Makinde Directs Oyo Civil Servants on GL13 and Above to Resume Work

“It is vital that steps are taken to promote the use of the Nigerian Naira and protect its value.” The Guild said.

“Secondly, we request that the government formulates a comprehensive policy to mitigate the impact of the Fuel Subsidy removal. This decision has burdened Nigerian citizens with high fuel prices and has resulted in increased living costs for many. It is imperative that measures are put in place to alleviate the financial strain on the Nigerian people.”

NGIJ however expresses concern regarding the distribution of the N15,000 palliative. “We firmly believe that this aid will be marred by corruption and will not reach those who are most in need. It is crucial that efficient and transparent mechanisms are established to ensure that relief funds reach the intended beneficiaries.

“Additionally, we urge the government to consider policies that are inclusive and benefit all Nigerians. It is imperative that measures are implemented which take into account a wide spectrum of the population, ensuring that they have access to essential services and a decent standard of living.” NGIJ maintained.

ALSO READ  Benjamin Kalu emerges spokesperson of Abia APC caucus

The Guild pointed out that the issue of insecurity in Nigeria has reached extreme levels, causing distress and fear among citizens.

“No place is safe, and urgent action must be taken to address this matter effectively.

“We call upon the government to prioritise the security of its people and implement strategies that can restore peace and stability throughout the nation.

“Finally, as a body of Journalists, we implore President Bola Ahmed Tinubu to provide sustainable solutions that will guide Nigeria out of its current economic and security quagmire. It is crucial that decisive action is taken to steer the country back onto the right track, both economically and in terms of security.” It said.

The Nigerian Guild of Investigative Journalists (NGIJ) stands ready to support the government in addressing these critical issues and will remain vigilant in ensuring that the interests of the Nigerian people are upheld.

“We therefore call on President to consider our recommendations and take immediate action to propel Nigeria forward towards economic prosperity and security of lives and property in Nigeria. The statement concludes.

ALSO READ  FG declares Thursday,Friday public holidays to mark Eid-el-Kabir

Author Profile

Abdulrahman Obaje
Abdulrahman Obaje
Prince Abdulrahman Obaje is a Media and ICT Consultant, Journalist, online marketer, social media strategist, Mathematician and Computer Scientist based in Abuja, Nigeria. He is the Founder and the Publisher of The Informavores!. You can reach me on +234 805 939 5252 or send i-witness report directly to me on news@informavores.com.ng.
Continue Reading

News

NGIJ Mourns Access Bank Holdings’ CEO, Herbert Wigwe, Ogunbanjo

Published

on

Share this Story

The Nigerian Guild of Investigative Journalists (NGIJ) has consoled Access Bank Holdings over the tragic death of their Group Chief Executive Officer Dr. Herbert Wigwe and his family. push({});

This is contained in a statement jointly signed by President and National Secretary of the Nigerian Guild of Investigative Journalists (NGIJ), Ayoyemi Mojoyinola
and Abdulrahman Aliagan respectively and made available to journalists, Monday in Lagos.

According to the Statement, This tragic event has sent shockwaves throughout the nation, as Dr. Herbert Wigwe was a highly respected and prominent figure in the Nigerian banking industry. His leadership and commitment to excellence have contributed immensely to the growth and success of Access Bank Holdings.

ALSO READ  Police Train NFVCB Officers to Combat Unclassified, Pirated Films

“The loss of Dr. Wigwe, his wife and eldest son is indeed a great loss to the business community, the banking industry, and the nation at large. Their untimely demise leaves a void that will be difficult to fill. We mourn with the Access Bank Holdings family, who have lost not only a dedicated leader but also a mentor and friend.”

As journalists devoted to unbiased and thorough investigative reporting, NGIJ recognizes the importance of highlighting the contributions and achievements of individuals like Mr. Wigwe. His visionary leadership, innovative strategies, and passion for the growth and development of Access Bank Holdings have set an exemplary standard for others in the industry. The statement said.

“The NGIJ extends its heartfelt condolences to the entire Access Bank Holdings family, and we stand with them during this time of immense sorrow. We pray that God grants them the fortitude to bear this irreparable loss and provides solace and strength to overcome this challenging period.” The statement said.

ALSO READ  Makinde Directs Oyo Civil Servants on GL13 and Above to Resume Work

The Guild prayed that the Almighty God will grant soul Wigwe, his wife, and son eternal rest.

Similarly, NGIJ also mourns former Group Chairman of Nigerian Stock Exchange, Abimbola Ogunbanjo who also passed on inside the chopper crash alongside Wigwe.

The Guild acknowledges Ogunbanjo’s service to the nation, building world and nation building.

Author Profile

Abdulrahman Obaje
Abdulrahman Obaje
Prince Abdulrahman Obaje is a Media and ICT Consultant, Journalist, online marketer, social media strategist, Mathematician and Computer Scientist based in Abuja, Nigeria. He is the Founder and the Publisher of The Informavores!. You can reach me on +234 805 939 5252 or send i-witness report directly to me on news@informavores.com.ng.
ALSO READ  “Lock Me Up With COVID-19 Victim To Confirm My Medicine Now!”, Abuja Evangelist Cries Out. [SEE VIDEO]
Latest entries
Continue Reading

News

Shocker, as FCSC Reverses NBMA Director’s Promotion granted 3 years ago

Published

on

Share this Story

The National Biosafety Management Agency (NBMA) is enmeshed in confusion as the promotion of Dr. Rebecca O.J. Oamen, the Director of Administration and Finance, has been reversed by the Federal Civil Service Commission (FCSC) three years after it was granted. push({}); adsbygoogle || []).push({});

This shocking event is as a result of the conflict centering around Dr. Agnes Asagbra, the Director General of NBMA, and Dr. Oamen, who are on one side of the dispute, and several other top civil servants on the other.

According to sources, the disagreement began when Dr. Asagbra allegedly facilitated the appointment of Mr. Ehikhamenor Steve Ehiochoya from the Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation (OAGF) as the agency’s Director of Administration and Finance.

According to sources, Dr. Oamen had voiced her concerns regarding the appointment to several government offices, including the OAGF, the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, the Office of the Head of Civil Service of the Federation, the Ministry of Environment, and the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offices Commission.

ALSO READ  Social Action Demands Transparency, Accountability From NDDC, As It Resists Attack

However, in a document obtained by our reporter, Dr. Oamen was redeployed to the FCSC as an accountant in the deputy director cadre, implying a demotion. This transfer is contradictory to Dr. Oamen’s previous promotion to a substantive director by the NBMA board.

Documents from 2016 and 2020 confirm her initial appointment as deputy director of finance and subsequent promotion to director, both under the tenure of former NBMA Director General Dr. Rufus Ebegba. However, the FCSC claims that her transfer to the agency was an error and directed her immediate recall to her previous position as Chief Executive Officer (Accounts) GL. 14.

ALSO READ  Oil Price falls in the wake of second coronavirus wave

As a result, Dr. Oamen’s salary for December 2023 has allegedly been withheld, according to an anonymous source within the agency.

This development has prompted calls for intervention from prominent figures, including President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, to address the perceived injustice.

While Dr. Asagbra was not available for comment, Ugo Agwu Nnachi, Head of Human Resources Management at NBMA, and Gloria Ogbaki, Head of Communications, denied any wrongdoing on her part. They emphasized that the DG has no authority to reject postings made by the OAGF and that the agency cannot be faulted for the actions taken by the FCSC.

The former NBMA Director General, Dr. Rufus Ebegba, supported Dr. Oamen’s promotion and commended her professionalism.

However, Dr. Oamen herself declined to comment on the matter, redirecting inquiries to the appropriate authorities.

ALSO READ  Benjamin Kalu emerges spokesperson of Abia APC caucus

Author Profile

Abdulrahman Obaje
Abdulrahman Obaje
Prince Abdulrahman Obaje is a Media and ICT Consultant, Journalist, online marketer, social media strategist, Mathematician and Computer Scientist based in Abuja, Nigeria. He is the Founder and the Publisher of The Informavores!. You can reach me on +234 805 939 5252 or send i-witness report directly to me on news@informavores.com.ng.
Continue Reading

Recent Posts

Copyright © 2021 Informavores Nigeria Communication Enterprises | Powered by ObajeSoft Inc