Share This Story !
King Paul Akpan Udoh, the Italian-Nigerian player, has become the first footballer to be infected with the coronavirus.
King Paul currently plies his trade with Pianese, an Italian Serie C side.
According to The Cable, the Pianese forward was diagnosed with the disease on February 27, and he has been quarantined.
The 22-year-old started his career with Reggiana before moving to Juventus in 2011 where he was loaned back for a year.
After progressing through the youth ranks of Juventus, Udoh secured a loan move to Virtus Lanciano, a Serie B side in 2016 with an option to buy at the end of the season.
Failing to impress, he was returned to Juve, and then loaned to Lega Pro side Pontedera later the same year.
He had a loan stint with Pontedera, Fernana, Fano and Viareggio before joining Pianese on July 14, 2019.
Coronavirus has spread from China to countries in Europe, the Middle East, the Americas and Africa.
Italy is the country in Europe with the highest number of reported cases. Some Italian Serie A matches were postponed last weekend as a preventive measure against the spread of the virus.
On Friday, the Lagos State government and the Federal Ministry of Health confirmed the first case of coronavirus in Nigeria. The index patient is an Italian who arrived Lagos.
- Prince Abdulrahman Obaje is a Media and ICT Consultant, Journalist, online marketer, social media strategist, Mathematician and Computer Scientist based in Abuja, Nigeria. He is the Founder and the Publisher of The Informavores!. You can reach me on +234 908 6937 780 or send i-witness report directly to me on email@example.com.
- News2020.03.30COVID-19 pandemic: NOA is operating on zero budget – David Dogo
- News2020.03.30COVID-19: Those calling for leadership change at NOA are mischief makers – David Akoji
- News2020.03.30Idumuje -Ugboko: Leave Ned Nwoko Out Of Your Misfortune, Community Elders Tells Mischief makers
- Health and Life Style2020.03.30COVID-19: Group call on FG to pay 100 thousands to families