Share This Story !
A leading pro democracy group in Kwara State, Kwara Must Change has called on the public to disregard claims being made in some quarters that some women were attacked in the process of reclaiming Ile Arugbo piece of land, saying that the claim is spurious, strange, unfounded and outrightly none existent as investigation has shown.
It urges people making the claim to provide evidence.
In a statement by Kwara Must Change State coordinator, Comrade Yusuf Olatunji, the group said that after the alarm was raised by Senator Gbemisola Saraki last week, it carefully carried out an investigation to ascertain the veracity of the claims, but couldn’t find any evidence to it.
Kwara Must Change explained that, “in our investigations, we visited site of the incident, interacted with eye witnesses and requested for names of victims if any, but none was provided.
Yusuf maintained that, “It appeared to us that Senator Gbemi Saraki was misled into raising false alarm by the opposition”.
According to him, if indeed people were attacked as claimed, at least, there should be some evidences and we should be able to see the affected victims. But all through our 3 days investigations, we have found no evidence whatsoever, other than the media claims.
“Further investigations also showed that, contrary to claims in the media, nobody lives in the premises, neither were people there when the demolition took place over night. People only go to the place when they are invited to receive gifts”.
Yusuf therefore maintained that, it is wrong to continue to perpetrate falsehood in the media under the guise of opposition, when such claims cannot be verified. It is even worse, if such falsehood is being perpetrated, using aged women as tools for political blackmail.
Recall that the Kwara State government reclaimed a piece of land, alleged to be illegally acquired without any documentation.
Government action, followed a resolution by the Kwara State House of Assembly, after the assembly investigated ownership of the land and discovered that the land belongs to the Kwara State government, but was illegally acquired by those occupying the land.
Recall also that the Nigeria Police Force had denied the claims.
- Prince Abdulrahman Obaje is a Media and ICT Consultant, Journalist, online marketer, social media strategist, Mathematician and Computer Scientist based in Abuja, Nigeria. He is the Founder and the Publisher of The Informavores!. You can reach me on +234 805 939 5252 or send i-witness report directly to me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- News2020.12.10Attah Igala: Ambassador Godbless Charges Igalamela Royal Council to Fast Track Installation Process
- Interviews2020.12.06How Helping an Out of School Boy Spur Me into NGO Work – Lidwine
- Article2020.12.03AfCFTA: Spotlighting The Emergence Of One African Market
- Religious2020.11.29Maolid Nabiy: Emulate Leadership Style of Prophet Muhammad – Imam Aliagan To Nigerian Leaders