The Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lieutenant-General Tukur Yusuf Buratai, yesterday decorated the newly promoted Brigadier-Generals with their new ranks at the Army headquarters in Abuja.
22 Colonels and 1 Brigadier-general were decorated with their new ranks of Brigadier-Generals and Major-General, respectively.
The decoration ceremony is sequel to a recent approval by the Army Council of the Promotion of 141 Senior Nigerian Army (NA) officers to the next ranks.
Speaking at the event, Lt. Gen Buratai, highlighted that the increasingly Complex and challenging security environment requires the NA personnel to put forward its very best at all times.
“You must take responsibility not only to the officers under you command but the NA at large. You must remain responsive to your troops,challenges that you will come across.
“Responsive to troops welfare,training needs of units and formations,
Responsive to call of duty especially were operations are involved”. He said.
According to Buratai, “Today’s ceremony is a memorable one for the 44 Regular course as his military assistant is among the newly decorated officers , saying that he has performed creditably well.
Buratai while expressing joy to see young officers progressing, urged those who have missed this opportunity to remain prayerful and put their trusts in the hands of God.
The Army chief noted that elevation comes with higher responsibilities and therefore enjoined the newly decorated officers to be more diligent, committed, responsive and accountable in the discharge of their duties to the nation.
The ceremony has in attendance the seniors officers, Family members, Friends and spouses of the promoted officers and their well Wishers.
- Prince Abdulrahman Obaje is a Media and ICT Consultant, Journalist, online marketer, social media strategist, Mathematician and Computer Scientist based in Abuja, Nigeria. He is the Founder and the Publisher of The Informavores!. You can reach me on +234 908 6937 780 or send i-witness report directly to me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Health and Life Style2020.01.26Ignore Antimicrobial Resistance at your own peril, India High Commissioner Warned
- News2020.01.24Group Calls For Investigation into Journalist’s Death By Police
- Crime2020.01.23Ogbu: NUJ FCT Demands Investigation, Prosecution
- Opinion2020.01.23What Really Transpired The Day Comrade Alex Ogbu Died?