In a bid to deepen democracy and rule of law in Nigeria, the Nigerian Guild of Investigative Journalists (NGIJ) will on Monday commence Governance Assessment Tour in Ondo State to assess impact of Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu administration on the people.
A statement issued on Saturday by the Guild Public Relations Officer, Adeyemi Obadimu said NGIJ delegation would arrive Akure, the Ondo State Capital on Monday to commence the Governance Assessment.
Obadimu noted that the Governance Assessment aimed at rooting for the truth, getting firsthand information from different stakeholders and assessing impact of current administration in Ondo State.
”Our members from every part of the country will on Monday converge in Akure, Ondo State Capital for commencement of Governance Assessment Tour to assess Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu administration impact on the people.
”Our crew will engage critical stakeholders including traditional rulers, civil servants, labour unions, pensioners, top government officials, students, market men/women and others in order to get firsthand information about the current administration led by Governor Akeredolu.”
Obadimu disclosed that the guild has carried our similar assessment in Kogi and Bayelsa states, saying ‘this is part of our contributions to deepen Democratic rule in Nigeria’.
- Prince Abdulrahman Obaje is a Media and ICT Consultant, Journalist, online marketer, social media strategist, Mathematician and Computer Scientist based in Abuja, Nigeria. He is the Founder and the Publisher of The Informavores!. You can reach me on +234 908 6937 780 or send i-witness report directly to me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- News2019.12.10World Anti-Corruption Day: Be Decisive, Non-Partisan in Fighting Corruption, NGIJ Tells Buhari
- News2019.12.08NGIJ Concludes Ondo Governance Assessment Tour
- News2019.12.05Ondo Governor Will Pay N30,000 Minimum Wage – NLC
- News2019.12.05Akeredolu Overburdens Ondo People With Heavy Taxation, White Elephant Projects – PDP