The Kwara State North elders forum under the aegis of Kwara North Conscience (KNC), has reiterated their commitment to support Hon. Mohammed Baba Salihu (Hon. Baba Boriya) of Okuta/Yashikira Constituency through massive awareness campaign to convince the leadership of Kwara APC and other groups to throw their weight behind him for the speakership position.
The statement was contained in a press statement issued and widely circulated by the group recently in Moro local government area of Kwara State by its coordinator, Alhaji Ibrahim Audu.
Alh Ibrahim stated that, “the ‘OTOGE Kwara House of Assembly’ needs a cool headed speaker with an independent mind who will not work in opposite direction with the state governor to drive genuine developmental projects that will better the lives of Kwarans”.
“Hon Muhammed Baba is that cool headed individual who is sufficiently capable and has independent mind set to compliment the governor elect, his Excellency, Alh. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq”.
The leader of the group said, “There’s no gain arguing the fairness in zoning speakership to Baruten owing to the fact that out of the two Federal Constituencies in Kwara North, the Edu/Moro/Patigi already occupies the office of the AACO Zonal DG who will form part of the incoming government. So in fairness Baruten/Kaiama stand a better chance to produce the speaker and further analysis revealed that Kaiama has the Senator and Ambassador.
“These and other personal qualities of Hon. Mohammed Baba Salihu endeared him to well-meaning compatriots, hence the support by Kwara North Conscience (KNC) as a vehicle for achieving the change we all yearn for”, the group said.
Kwara State House of Assembly Speakership continue to tilt in favour of the Kwara North senatorial districts and Hon. Muhammad Baba Salihu from Okuta/Yashikira constituency in Baruten Local government, has been in the front burner for the most coveted position.
- Prince Abdulrahman Obaje is a Media and ICT Consultant, Journalist, online marketer, social media strategist, Mathematician and Computer Scientist based in Abuja, Nigeria. He is the Founder and the Publisher of The Informavores!. You can reach me on +234 908 6937 780 or send i-witness report directly to me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Business and Economy2019.05.10Naira Stability Attributed to Slow Economic Activity
- Grafitti2019.05.10Arbitrary Dismissal of Trained Personnel and Spate of Crime and Criminality in Nigeria
- ICT2019.04.29Beware of FREE random Internet WiFi Access You Connect Your Mobile Devices To.
- Article2019.04.26How can workers win a decent minimum wage in a country like Nigeria?