The Police have confirmed the death of the 65-year-old Chief Imam of Kwara Village, Kiyawa Local Government Area of Jigawa who was allegedly killed by suspected hoodlums on Saturday.
The Spokesman, Jigawa Police Command, SP Abdu Jinjiri, told News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Saturday, in Dutse, that the deceased cleric, Alsheik Idris Musa, a resident of Kwara, was attacked by hoodlums at his residence at about 1:30 early in the morning, after he sold his farmland for N400, 000 to one of the construction companies in the state.
Jinjiri explained that the hoodlums allegedly hit the deceased several times with sticks, which led to his death.
The spokesman added that the suspects also beat up the wives and children of the deceased and allegedly took away the sum of N400, 000 belonging to the deceased.
According to him, “The deceased was said to have sold his farmland to one of the construction companies in the state at the cost of N400, 000,
“It is suspected that the transaction took place in the presence of the suspected, but unidentified hoodlums who later trailed him to his residence.
“The village where the incident took place is a remote area. The distance to our station is two hours’ drive.
“So the DPO in charge of the area got the information at about 1:30 a.m. and proceeded to the scene immediately, but he got there after 3 a.m.
“When he got there, the victim was already dead, but he was able to rescue the family members beaten by the hoodlums.
“They were taken to hospital for medical attention,” the spokesman said.
Jinjiri said remains of the deceased had been released to his family for burial.
He concluded that the police had commenced investigations into the matter, and efforts were being intensified to arrest the fleeing suspects.
- Prince Abdulrahman Obaje is a Media and ICT Consultant, Journalist, online marketer, social media strategist, Mathematician and Computer Scientist based in Abuja, Nigeria. He is the Founder and the Publisher of The Informavores!. You can reach me on +234 908 6937 780 or send i-witness report directly to me on email@example.com.
- Business and Economy2019.05.10Naira Stability Attributed to Slow Economic Activity
- Grafitti2019.05.10Arbitrary Dismissal of Trained Personnel and Spate of Crime and Criminality in Nigeria
- ICT2019.04.29Beware of FREE random Internet WiFi Access You Connect Your Mobile Devices To.
- Article2019.04.26How can workers win a decent minimum wage in a country like Nigeria?