Connect with us

News

Morocco’s King Wants Country to Join Ranks of Developed Nations

Published

on

King Mohammed VI of Morocco
Share this Story

King Mohammed VI of Morocco has called on its citizens to work toward creating a new development model to place the country on the ranks of developed nations.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the 55-year-old king made the call in a speech celebrating his 20 years on the throne. adsbygoogle || []).push({});

The speech was made available to NAN on Tuesday by the Embassy of Morocco in Abuja.

Mohammed, a member of the Alaouite dynasty, was enthroned in Rabat, Morocco’s Capital, on July 30, 1999 after the death of his father, King Hassan II.

Although the country has made a lot of progress in all sectors under his watch, the Monarch said that the effects of the achievements had not been felt by all segments of the Moroccan society.

ALSO READ  Kogi State Government Commences On-the-Job Training for Government House Staff

He therefore assured that the country was working toward a new development model to tackle social inequalities, while urging a government reshuffle.

He said a government advisory body would be set up to make suggestions to improve reforms in education, health, agriculture, investment and taxation.

“Our main ambition is for Morocco to join the ranks of developed nations.

“We want a country in which all citizens, without exception enjoy the same rights and have the same obligations, in an environment where freedom and human dignity prevail.

“I ask the government to start working on major, integrated next-generation sectoral plans, which will form the backbone of the new development model.

“In this regard, I ask the Head of Government to submit to me proposals to fill executive posts in the government and the civil service with high-level national elites chosen on merit and competence.

ALSO READ  MURIC wants to turn ITF to religious organization, Coalition alarms

“It is a phase which holds great promise because Morocco’s potential and competencies allow for greater accomplishments than what has been achieved so far, we are, indeed, capable of accomplishing more,” he said.

Mohammed noted that Morocco made a quantum leap in infrastructure development, including the high-speed railway, major ports, renewable energy facilities and urban development and revamping.

He said that the country had made undeniable progress in promoting rights and freedoms and consolidating sound democratic practice.

“I therefore call upon all Moroccans to make a positive contribution in keeping with a spirit of effective civic engagement.”

According to reports, Morocco is the 5th largest African economy by GDP (PPP), and has become a major player in African economic affairs.

ALSO READ  2025 International Youth Day: Ododo Promises Engagement of Youths in Policy Formulation

The World Economic Forum placed Morocco as the first most competitive economy in North Africa in its African Competitiveness Report of 2014 to 2015.

Its services sector accounts for just over half of GDP, with tourism, telecoms and textile as sectors with the highest growth.

Joshua O.Olomu
Film Critic,Media/PR Expert (Entertainment,Tourism,Culture,Fashion writer)
Mobile/Whatsapp: +2348189426868
Email: joshuaolomu1@gmail.com
Senior Correspondent:
Image

Author Profile

Joshua Olomu
Joshua O. Olomu
Film Critic,Media/PR Expert (Entertainment,Tourism,Culture,Fashion writer)
Mobile/Whatsapp: +2348189426868
Email: joshuaolomu1@gmail.com
Senior Correspondent:
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

NGIJ Demands Independent Probe of Controversial PFIPC, Rejects Premature Exoneration

Published

on

Share this Story

NGIJ Demands Independent Probe of Controversial PFIPC, Rejects Premature ExonerationThe Nigerian Guild of Investigative Journalists (NGIJ) has called on President Bola Ahmed Tinubu to immediately constitute an independent panel of inquiry to investigate the unfolding scandal surrounding the controversial Presidential Foreign Investment Promotion Council (PFIPC), insisting that the gravity of the allegations and the institutions reportedly involved make an ordinary investigation inadequate.

In a statement jointly signed by its National President, Mallam Abdulrahman Aliagan, and National Secretary, Rowland Olonishuwa, the Guild faulted the Presidency’s swift public exoneration of the Chief of Staff to the President by the President’s spokesman, Mr. Bayo Onanuga, describing it as premature and inconsistent with the principles of natural justice.

According to the Guild, declaring any public official innocent before the conclusion of an impartial investigation undermines public confidence in the process and creates the impression that the outcome has already been predetermined.

“The hasty exoneration of any public official before a comprehensive investigation has been concluded negates the principles of justice, fairness and good conscience.

ALSO READ  2025 International Youth Day: Ododo Promises Engagement of Youths in Policy Formulation

Every Nigerian deserves to see that justice is not only done but is manifestly seen to have been done,” the statement said.

NGIJ said the controversy surrounding the controversial Presidential Foreign Investment Promotion Council (PFIPC) has become one of the most significant governance scandals in recent years, alleging that the sequence of events surrounding the Council points to a level of official backing that requires a truly independent investigation.

The Guild argued that several developments associated with the Council have raised serious questions that cannot be ignored.

According to the statement, available information indicates that an account was reportedly opened for the Council at the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), the controversial PFIPC was reportedly captured in the 2026 Appropriation Bill presented to the National Assembly, office accommodation was allocated to the Council within the Federal Secretariat Complex in Abuja, and more than 300 personnel, including eight directors, were reportedly recruited or sourced to work for the Council.

NGIJ noted that these developments, if established through investigation, suggest that the activities attributed to the Council went far beyond the actions of a few individuals and may have involved approvals or support from influential actors within government.

“The establishment of banking arrangements, budgetary provisions, office allocation, recruitment of hundreds of personnel and appointment of directors are not processes ordinarily executed without official authorisation and institutional support. These issues raise legitimate public interest questions that deserve thorough and independent scrutiny,” the Guild stated.

ALSO READ  Nigeria @59: OSGF Maps Out Activities To Celebrate Independence Day

It added that the scale of the allegations has created widespread public concern and, if left unresolved, could erode confidence in Nigeria’s governance institutions and anti-corruption framework.

The Guild expressed reservations over allowing the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) to solely investigate the matter, arguing that given the alleged involvement of powerful figures and the institutional implications of the case, a broader and more independent mechanism would inspire greater public confidence.

According to NGIJ, the investigation should be handled by an independent judicial panel comprising retired judicial officers, forensic auditors, representatives of relevant anti-corruption institutions, professional bodies and civil society organisations, with full powers to examine documents, invite witnesses and recommend appropriate actions based on its findings.

The Guild further urged the National Assembly to commence a public legislative inquiry into the establishment, funding, operations and legal status of the controversial Presidential Foreign Investment Promotion Council.

It maintained that no public official, irrespective of rank or political influence, should be insulated from investigation where credible allegations exist.

NGIJ stressed that the circumstances surrounding the controversial PFIPC have made the matter unprecedented and deserving of the highest level of independent scrutiny.

ALSO READ  NGIJ Commiserates with Kaduna NUJ Chairman Over Wife’s Death

The Guild said only a transparent, credible and independent investigation can establish the true facts, identify any wrongdoing where it exists, protect innocent persons where appropriate, and restore public confidence in the administration’s commitment to accountability, transparency and the rule of law.

Author Profile

Abdulrahman Obaje
Abdulrahman Obaje
Prince Abdulrahman Obaje is a Media, Information and Computer Technology Consultant. A quintessential Journalist, online marketer, social media strategist, Mathematician and Computer Scientist is based in Abuja, Nigeria. He is the Founder and the Publisher of The Informavores!. You can reach me on +234 805 939 5252 or send i-witness report directly to me on news@informavores.com.ng.
Continue Reading

News

MeCure Industries Plc Closes H1 2026 with Stable BBB GCR Outlook, Halal Certification, Launches New Product

Published

on

Share this Story

By AbdulRahman Obaje

Lagos, Nigeria — July 2026 — MeCure Industries Plc closed the first half of 2026 on a strong note, marked by the affirmation of its national scale issuer ratings by GCR Ratings, the award of Halal certification, and the launch of two new products. adsbygoogle || []).push({});

GCR Ratings affirmed MeCure Industries Plc’s long-term issuer rating at BBB(NG) and short-term issuer rating at A3(NG), with the company’s long-term outlook revised to Stable. The rating agency said the decision was supported by improvements in MeCure’s competitive position, sound earnings performance, ongoing expansion, product innovation, and wider market penetration. GCR also noted the company’s diversified portfolio of more than 140 formulations across five therapeutic classes, its extensive distribution network, and its relationships with suppliers and technical partners.

ALSO READ  Kogi State Government Commences On-the-Job Training for Government House Staff

During the period, MeCure also received Halal certification, reinforcing the company’s commitment to quality, compliance, and broader consumer accessibility. For the everyday consumer, Halal certification means that the certified products have been reviewed to ensure that their ingredients, sourcing, handling, and production processes comply with recognised Halal requirements. In practical terms, it gives Muslim consumers greater confidence that the medicines they use are permissible, while also providing an additional layer of assurance around transparency, product integrity, and manufacturing discipline.

The certification is expected to support trust among customers, healthcare professionals, distributors, and institutional partners, while strengthening MeCure’s positioning in markets where Halal-compliant products are an important consideration.

ALSO READ  2025 International Youth Day: Ododo Promises Engagement of Youths in Policy Formulation

In June 2026, MeCure further expanded its product portfolio with the introduction of Fluconazole Capsules and EBU Suspension. Fluconazole Capsules add to the company’s antifungal offering, while EBU Suspension, an ibuprofen oral suspension, strengthens MeCure’s paediatric and family care range. The launches reflect the company’s continued focus on affordable, locally manufactured medicines across key therapeutic needs.

As MeCure enters the second half of 2026, the company said it remains focused on deepening local manufacturing, improving access to quality medicines, expanding its product pipeline, and delivering sustainable value to shareholders.

Author Profile

Abdulrahman Obaje
Abdulrahman Obaje
Prince Abdulrahman Obaje is a Media, Information and Computer Technology Consultant. A quintessential Journalist, online marketer, social media strategist, Mathematician and Computer Scientist is based in Abuja, Nigeria. He is the Founder and the Publisher of The Informavores!. You can reach me on +234 805 939 5252 or send i-witness report directly to me on news@informavores.com.ng.
ALSO READ  NGIJ Inaugurates New National Executive Council
Latest entries
Continue Reading

News

Family Seeks Information on Missing Sergeant After Reported Drowning Incident at Seme Border

Published

on

Share this Story

Family Seeks Information on Missing Sergeant After Reported Drowning Incident at Seme Borde

By Usman Aliyu | June 27, 2026

Ajaka, Kogi State — The family of Sgt. Benjamin Etuh, a native of Ajaka in Igalamela/Odolu Local Government Area of Kogi State, has appealed to the public for information regarding his whereabouts following reports that he may have been involved in a drowning incident at the Seme Border area of Lagos State.

According to information available to the family, Sgt. Etuh, who was last known to be serving at the Seme Border Patrol, was reportedly involved in an incident on the water around the border community. However, relatives say they have not received any official confirmation regarding his condition or whereabouts.

ALSO READ  Unlawful Detention: Release Ayodele Samuel Now, Journalists' Body Warns Police, Taraba Govt

The uncertainty surrounding the incident has left family members distressed and searching for answers. Efforts to contact the officer through his mobile phone numbers have also proved unsuccessful, as the lines have reportedly remained unreachable for several days.

Family sources expressed concern over the lack of verified information and appealed to the relevant authorities to provide clarity on the officer’s status. They also called on security agencies, colleagues, residents of the Seme Border area, and members of the public with any useful information to come forward.

ALSO READ  Boat Mishaps: PDP asks Sanwo-Olu to sack LASWA boss

Efforts by reporters to obtain official confirmation from the Ikeja Command were unsuccessful, as no response had been received at the time of filing this report.

As of the time of publication, there has been no official statement confirming Sgt. Benjamin Etuh’s whereabouts or condition. The family continues to appeal for credible information that may help establish the facts surrounding the incident.

Author Profile

Abdulrahman Obaje
Abdulrahman Obaje
Prince Abdulrahman Obaje is a Media, Information and Computer Technology Consultant. A quintessential Journalist, online marketer, social media strategist, Mathematician and Computer Scientist is based in Abuja, Nigeria. He is the Founder and the Publisher of The Informavores!. You can reach me on +234 805 939 5252 or send i-witness report directly to me on news@informavores.com.ng.
ALSO READ  Woman Vindicates Pastor Chris Over Alleged Staged Miracle
Latest entries
Continue Reading

Copyright © 2021 Informavores Nigeria Communication Enterprises | Powered by ObajeSoft Inc