Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Minister of State, Dr. Ramatu Tijjani Aliyu, has commended the emergence of Chief of Staff to Kogi State Governor, Mr. Edward Onoja, as a running mate to Governor Yahaya Bello, in the forthcoming governorship election scheduled for November, 2019.
In a statement issued by the Minister and signed on her behalf by Austine Elemue, Special Assisttant on media To FCT Minister of State, she described the former Chief of Staff as a team player, also called on supporters of the All Progressives Congress (APC), in the state to rally round the duo for a successful election.
She further said that the choice of Onoja as a running mate will balance the ethnic issue raised in some quarters, noting that the running mate understands the political terrain in the state.
The Minister of State said Governor Bello, has demonstrated friendship and trust for picking his Chief of Staff as a running mate, just as she appealed to the people of Kogi State not to lose hope in the administration of Governor Yahaya Bello.
Aliyu, however, expressed confidence that the forthcoming Kogi governorship election will be a work-over for the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), as the party is fully prepared to face the oppositions at the poll.
Recall that the Governor had submitted Onoja’s name to the leadership of the All Progressive Congress.
- Prince Abdulrahman Obaje is a Media and ICT Consultant, Journalist, online marketer, social media strategist, Mathematician and Computer Scientist based in Abuja, Nigeria. He is the Founder and the Publisher of The Informavores!. You can reach me on +234 908 6937 780 or send i-witness report directly to me on email@example.com.
- News2019.11.20Nigeria Army Decorates 23 Newly Promoted Principal Officers
- Crime2019.11.19Unravel Terrorists Source of Weapons – Army
- Entertainments2019.11.17Korean National Day & Cultural Festival celebrated in FCT amidst Pomp and Pageantry
- News2019.10.26Woman Vindicates Pastor Chris Over Alleged Staged Miracle