President Muhammadu Buhari is now back in Abuja from a routine medical check-up in London.
NAN reports that the president who arrived Nigeria on Friday had initially planned to return on Saturday but decided to reduce his stay in the UK by a day.
The presidential aircraft conveying him and some of his aides landed at the presidential wing of the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport Abuja at about 7.
When asked by journalists why he arrived on Friday, the President said his arrival was not earlier than expected.
“It is not earlier than expected. I just went for a further medical check-up and I am alright, thank you,” President Buhari said.
The Minister of Federal Capital Territory, Alhaji Muhammad Musa Bello and a representative of the Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, were at the airport to receive him, along with the Chief of Staff, Malam Abba Kyari.
Buhari departed Abuja for London on Tuesday for the routine medical check-up.(NAN)
- Prince Abdulrahman Obaje is a Media and ICT Consultant, Journalist, online marketer, social media strategist, Mathematician and Computer Scientist based in Abuja, Nigeria. He is the Founder and the Publisher of The Informavores!. You can reach me on +234 908 6937 780 or send i-witness report directly to me on email@example.com.
- Metro2018.05.22Esu Jikwoyi Calls on FG to Intensify Drug Abuse Sensitization Efforts among Youths
- Food and Agriculture2018.05.21Farm Inputs: Gimbiya Dogara Empowers 7,000 Youths, Women in Bauchi
- Politics2018.05.19Congress: FCT APC Elects Executive Members Through Voice Vote
- AWF2018.05.19Abuja Writers Forum: Spanish Treat for May Guest Writer Session