Wife of the Kwara Governor, Mrs Omolewa Ahmed, has advised s3xually active females to adopt monthly breast self-examination as a precautionary measure against Breast Cancer.
According to her, cancer has become widespread, caused massive morbidity worldwide, while new cases of the deadly disease are expected to increase by about seventy percent over the next two decades.
She said her foundation had set up LEAH Anti-cancer Clubs both in secondary and tertiary institutions in the state to reach out to adolescents and young adults on breast and cervical cancer prevention.
The governor’s wife called for the inclusion of breast and cervical cancer screening in pre-admission medical check-ups and the establishment of basic cancer screening centres in the institutions.
The Provost, College of Technology, Offa, Malam Aliu Abdu-Rauf, attributed the high rate of cancer deaths to Ignorance and called for more research on ways to curb the disease.
Also, the Provost, College of Education Ilemona, Alhaji Kunle Oyewale, said the sensitisation initiative was a major contribution to the fight against the disease.
- Prince Abdulrahman Obaje is a Media and ICT Consultant, Journalist, online marketer, social media strategist, Mathematician and Computer Scientist based in Abuja, Nigeria. He is the Founder and the Publisher of The Informavores!. You can reach me on +234 908 6937 780 or send i-witness report directly to me on email@example.com.
- Metro2018.05.22Esu Jikwoyi Calls on FG to Intensify Drug Abuse Sensitization Efforts among Youths
- Food and Agriculture2018.05.21Farm Inputs: Gimbiya Dogara Empowers 7,000 Youths, Women in Bauchi
- Politics2018.05.19Congress: FCT APC Elects Executive Members Through Voice Vote
- AWF2018.05.19Abuja Writers Forum: Spanish Treat for May Guest Writer Session