This is the final lap of the electioneering and no doubt, the politicosphere(Say you first heard this word from Abdulrahman Obaje) in Nigeria is getting hotter minute-by-minute. One critical way each and every one of us can be part of the democratic process is to participate in the process.
the following are some of the reasons why you must go get your Permanent Voter’s Card, PVC and be ready for election today:
- A VOTER’s VOTE IS HIS WEAPON:- A vote is like a rifle (firearm), it usefulness depends upon the character of the user.
- SHOW YOUR COMMITMENTS TO YOUR COUNTRY:- Voting is the expression of ourselves and our civic responsibility to our country and the world.
- VOTING IS YOUR VOICE:- A world renown human right activist, Martin Luther King Jnr, once said, our days begin to end, the day We become silent about things that matters.
- TO VOTE IS TO EFFECT POSITIVE CHANGE:- We live in order of democratic tenureship where leaders are made and change via popular majority voting. Try and effect a good change where necessary.
- BE SMART AND AND GET SMART LEADERS:- Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumper.
- GET INVOLVED:- I have come to a realization that politics is too serious a matter to be left to the politicians. So getting involved and deciding who is suitable to Lead is way to go.
- NOT TO BLAME ANYONE LATTER:- George Jean Nathan said and I quote “Bad leaders are elected by good citizens who do not vote”.
- PROTECTION:- A man without a vote is a man without a security. And in our Nigeria today, we need our PVC as our protection because This was not the Nigeria our fathers fought for.
- TO HAVE YOUR PVC AND VOTE TOUCHES LIFE:- just because you do not take an interest in politics, does not mean politics won’t take an interest in you. Be Smart and get active involved.
Gentlemen and ladies, once you are up to age 18 above, you can as well register and get your PVC. You can do that at any INEC registration centre within a ward and polling unit you so intend to be a voter.
Haven done that and collected your PVC, ensure you come voting during election and make the convincing change you so desire to better our nation.
- Prince Abdulrahman Obaje is a Media and ICT Consultant, Journalist, online marketer, social media strategist, Mathematician and Computer Scientist based in Abuja, Nigeria. He is the Founder and the Publisher of The Informavores!. You can reach me on +234 908 6937 780 or send i-witness report directly to me on firstname.lastname@example.org.