…….Describes those calling for his resignation as insane
Following calls by the former Minister of Aviation, Mr. Fani Femi Kayode and other critics of President Muhammadu Buhari to resign from office on account of his ill-health, a traditional ruler in Osun State has reacted angrily to such calls, describing such calls as unnecessary.
The Oluwo of Iwo land, Oba Abdulrasheed Akanbi, who made the remark at a prayer session in honour of Buhari in Iwo, said that in an ideal situation, Nigerians ought to be praying for the President and other leaders rather than wishing them evil.
According to him, ‘’if anyone claims he or she loves Nigeria, the love for the leaders can’t be sidelined. If you claim you love Nigeria and you don’t love the leaders. You have just told a lie. It is painful that those who launched the campaign of ‘Resume or Resign’ are not patriotic as they claimed. They politicized the campaign which shouldn’t be. Buhari is my son and I won’t be happy when people are wishing him dead.
‘’If any civil servant or public officer falls sick, will you advise such persons to resign? Those clamouring for Buhari’s resignation are insane. Nigerians don’t love those who love them, but they are passionate about those that hate them.’’
The monarch went further to say that ‘’all those who are wishing him dead and those who are clamouring for his resignation shall fall sick.’’
- Sola Omosola Akingboye graduated from Lagos State University, Ojo and also an alumni of International Institute of Journalism, Abuja. The Abuja based Media Consult is a member of NUJ, FCT Chapel; Member, Nig Energy Correspondents and affiliate of other proffesional bodies such as Believe in Nigeria Initiative (BINI); Change Agent for Positive Transformation (CAPT); OSHA Association for Industrial Safety in Nigeria. He is currently an Associate Editor and Chairman Editorial Board Informavores.com.ng.
- Oil and Gas2017.08.28We Don’t Sell Crude Oil from Hotel Rooms, Says NNPC
- Metro2017.08.28Those Calling for Buhari Resignation are Insane – Monarch
- Politics2017.08.28Nwoye emerges APC governorship candidate in Anambra
- Interviews2017.08.21Security Is the Opium of any Nation’s Progress – Chidi Ewurum….Says Call for Nigeria ‘Breakup’ is Spiritual