A group of protesters supporting President Muhammadu Buhari took to the street of the federal capital Abuja, on the morning of Thursday, August 10 to protest against the call for Buhari’s resignation.
This is coming four days after a group led by Charles Oputa (a.k.a. Charlieboy) protest tagged ‘OurMumuDonDo’ calling the ailing president to resume or resign.
The protesters who are members of the Coalition for Good Governance and Change Initiative group were spotted at Unity Fountain carrying placards and singing solidarity songs in support of the ailing president.
The group, led by Nelson Ekujumi of the Centre for Civil Society and Justice, said they will continue the process for 30 days.
Ekujumi said it was improper for some Nigerians to call for the resignation of President Muhammadu Buhari.
According to the provision of Section 145 of the 1999 Constitution as amended, President Buhari did the needful by transmitting power to the his vice Yemi Osinbajo to function as Nigeria’s acting president.
The protest being led by Charlieboy was not deterred even though it was disrupted by the Nigeria Police Force on Tuesday, August 8, as the protesters returned the next day, with addition of Nollywood actor, Jim Iyke and former Bring Back Our Girls convener and active critic of Buhari, Aisha Yesufu, joined the protest.
- Prince Abdulrahman Obaje is a Media and ICT Consultant, Journalist, online marketer, social media strategist, Mathematician and Computer Scientist based in Abuja, Nigeria. He is the Founder and the Publisher of The Informavores!. You can reach me on +234 908 6937 780 or send i-witness report directly to me on email@example.com.
- Business and Economy2017.10.10There is No Need For The Sukuk Bond, We Will Monitor It – Social Action
- AWF2017.10.04Ecuador – **Nigeria Young Writers Short Story Contest Winners**
- Metro2017.08.21Charly Boy Lauds Buhari for Yielding to Calls to Return Home
- Metro2017.08.21Late Chief Alhaji Idris Bala Audu – The Great Iroko That Just Left our Midst