Full Text of President Buhari’s Broadcast to Nigerians
My dear citizens,
I am very grateful to God and to all Nigerians for their prayers.
2. In the course of my stay in the United Kingdom, I have been kept in daily touch with events at home.
4. Nigeria’s unity is settled and not negotiable. We shall not allow irresponsible elements to start trouble and when things get bad they run away and saddle others with the responsibility of bringing back order, if necessary with their blood.
5. Every Nigerian has the right to live and pursue his business anywhere in Nigeria without let or hindrance.
6. I believe the very vast majority of Nigerians share this view.
7. This is not to deny that there are legitimate concerns. Every group has a grievance. But the beauty and attraction of a federation is that it allows different groups to air their grievances and work out a mode of co-existence.
8. The National Assembly and the National Council of State are the legitimate and appropriate bodies for national discourse.
9. The national consensus is that, it is better to live together than to live apart.
10. Furthermore, I am charging the Security Agencies not to let the successes achieved in the last 18 months be a sign to relax.
11. Terrorists and criminals must be fought and destroyed relentlessly so that the majority of us can live in peace and safety.
12. Therefore we are going to reinforce and reinvigorate the fight not only against;
- elements of Boko Haram which are attempting a new series of attacks on soft targets
- kidnappings, farmers versus herdsmen clashes,
- in addition to ethnic violence fuelled by political mischief makers. We shall tackle them all.
13. Finally, dear Nigerians, our collective interest now is to eschew petty differences and come together to face common challenges of;
- economic security,
- political evolution and integration
- as well as lasting peace among all Nigerians.
14. I remain resolutely committed to ensuring that these goals are achieved and maintained. I am so glad to be home.
15. Thank you and may God bless our dear Nation.
- Sola Omosola Akingboye graduated from Lagos State University, Ojo and also an alumni of International Institute of Journalism, Abuja. The Abuja based Media Consult is a member of NUJ, FCT Chapel; Member, Nig Energy Correspondents and affiliate of other proffesional bodies such as Believe in Nigeria Initiative (BINI); Change Agent for Positive Transformation (CAPT); OSHA Association for Industrial Safety in Nigeria. He is currently an Associate Editor and Chairman Editorial Board Informavores.com.ng.
- Sports2018.03.13Govt Nonchalance Affects Nigeria FIFA Ranking
- News2018.03.13Benue Anti Grazing Law: House of Reps probes Police on Noncompliance – Urged IGP to Arrest Killers in Benue.
- News2018.03.12CAPT Tasks Yamawo on Laudable Projects – As STDD Boss Vows Commitment
- Politics2018.02.26APC War Against Opposition Threatens 2019 Elections – ADP